Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Equinox in Santa Monica
201 Santa Monica Blvd
Santa Monica, CA
Equinox in Newport Beach
19540 Jamboree Road
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Due to overwhelming success of our first class, we're having another Body Up Fit Club event new Thursday, September 23rd at 6pm. This time, join us for Yoga On The Beach - right in front of Lincoln Road! Afterwards, we'll have healthy snacks available to all the tired yogis at the Body Up store on 704 Lincoln Road!
All levels are welcome.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
Take a look at the Recess and Results video featuring Body Up's Hot Shoulder Tank and Crossover Capri! Also, below there is more information about the Recess and Results program that helps fight obesity in children.
- Nearly 1 in 3 children in the
are overweight or obese. U.S.
- Obese children as young as 5 years old are showing signs of heart disease.
- Obese children are 70% more likely to become obese adults.
- Complications of childhood obesity include heart disease, diabetes, social out casting, poor academic performance and low self esteem.
The America Heart Association recommends 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous activity a day for people of all ages – including children. How does your family measure up?
Follow these 5 easy tips to keep your family active, healthy, happy, and disease free:
- Look for outlets for social interaction and play for your children at school, making it easy for them to get activity in everyday. Carefully select before / after school programs with strong physical activity components. Be certain they are part of a program that includes at least 70% physical activity time.
- Disguise fitness as play. 60 minutes of physical activity is easy for children if they are doing something they love. Playing on a playground, a game of tag with friends, relay races and “Recess & Results” classes are great options.
- Plan active evenings for the family. Make it a habit to include an evening activity after dinner. Rather than watching TV together, take time to walk the dog, play a game of kickball in the back yard, go on a nature hike or scavenger hunt, or visit recessandresults.com for more family friendly activity ideas.
- Limit TV time and Video Games. Children sit enough during the school day. Make sure to get them up and moving while at home.
- Make fresh fruits and vegetables available for quick snacks. Convenience is key in our fast paced society. Make certain you have fruits / veggies on hand to grab and go, making this an easy snack choice for yourself and your family.
For more information on family activity and snack options visit www.recessandresults.com